Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Twice the Goodness

Today I got a second monitor so I can run my computer in dual monitor mode with an extended desktop. It took a bit to get it working. Monitor 2 was just going black when I extended the desktop to it. I did a few web searches and some other trouble shooting. In the end all I had to do was update the video card drivers.

That kind of surprised me since I had just updated them less than three weeks ago. Normally it would be the first thing I tried, but since I knew I had just recently updated them I was certain that wasn’t the problem.

Of course I only got the new monitor because my old one was going black when I extended the desktop to it. I had never run dual monitors before and I had assumed at the time it was because it could not support the same resolution of my primary monitor.

Lesson learned.. and it only cost me a couple hundred bucks!

For the record though, so far I am very happy with my new Dell E2009W monitor so far.

No comments: